Launch of “representation mauritius” – a one-stop shop for setting up and running a representative office in mauritius
What does "Representation Mauritius” offer ?
Having promoted the Mauritius offshore sector since 1992, the country can today acknowledge the presence of major international banks and top accountancy firms. The financial sector is strongly regulated and houses over 130 corporate services and fiduciary trust companies managing billions of funds for HNWI, companies and trusts.
Mauritius is positioned as a gateway to trade safely with Africa and many companies successfully manage their business activities from Mauritius. With an extensive network of tax treaties and Investment Promotion and Protection Agreements (IPPAs), investors and commercial operators may avoid many of the challenges faced when trading in that continent.
Mauritius is an advantageous jurisdiction to establish legal entities, including subsidiaries, with offshore operations, thereby benefiting from:
- For larger entities, there is a Regional Head Office scheme offering tax exemption for an eight-year period;
- Operating in a safe and secure country with a hybrid legal system based on English and French laws. The Highest Court of Appeal is the Privy Council in the U.K.
- Double-tax treaties with a growing number of countries – thereby avoiding paying tax twice;
- An efficiently regulated financial services centre committed to investor's protection with a progressive regulatory framework modeled on the industry's 'best practice' principles and compliant to internationally accepted norms of supervision including those of the Basle Committee on Banking Supervision;
- Well established banking institutions and an international stock exchange;
- Quick, efficient and cost-effective set-up for subsidiary operations;
- Corporate tax rates at net of just 3% for properly constituted GBC1 off-shore entities;
- Genuine opportunities for trading in most sectors;
Representation Mauritius by MCF Consulting has been established to assist companies in their international and regional expansion or simply facilitate the creation of legal structures to fit in with their overall future planning strategy and offers clients the following range of services:
- Information and guidance about setting up and running a business in Mauritius;
- Use of our in-house services – including local commercial representation, business planning and financial management;
- Introduction to the most suitable Corporate Services providers to facilitate legal entity incorporation, obtain advice on trusts and other corporate services;
- Assistance in setting up of bank accounts;
- Introduction to suitable firms providing accounting, audit and tax planning services;
- Introduction to suitable firms providing legal and other professional services;
- Access to our compliance, regulatory and licensing specialist partners;
- Access to our wealth management partners;
- Even access to concierge services (covering airport transfers, hotel bookings, restaurant, local cultural events)
Representation Mauritius services offered from MCF Consulting start from as little as $2,000 and can be tailored to a client’s needs and budget.